Saturday, August 14, 2010

Vegas Family

So i thought it was only right for me to dedicate a post to my Las Vegas family. Moving out here I had no one, seriously, looking back i realize the how crazy it was for me to pick UNLV without ever having visiting the campus or the city. But i did choose here to i hopped on a plane with my mama and in Vegas we landed. I have never live back in Tulsa again. I could only have stayed because of my "Vegas family."

Bern- (Bernadette) My first love in Vegas. Met her seriously on day 1 while searching for food on campus and we have not be apart since. She has been my roomie and bestest for the last 3 years. If it were not for her our house would go to hell. Seriously, we tell people that i decorate and she cleans. I also cook and she cleans. But she bakes, AMAZINGLY! But any who, we are like the odd couple. She is a mixture of 2 equal parts. 1 part OCD and 1 part constant stressor. You see that is my meal ticket. I think she would have kicked me to the curb long ago if not for my awesome advice and ability to calm her down. and also my mom, she LOVES my mom. Then again my entire Las Vegas Family loves "mama Boyd" as they have dubbed her. Let me just give you a short list of the things Bern does for me; my laundry, not just the washing and drying but the folding and hanging. She remembers what i forget. Pays the bills. The one time she left me the cable went out cause i didn't know i had to pay the bill. She does my makeup for formal events (i do her hair). She cleans out the refrigerator when things start to smell funny. She buys me things before i realize I'm about to run out. Basically I couldn't function without her. So as you can see love Bern and the pure thought of having to live on my own and take care of my own house, scares me so much it keeps me up at night. SERIOUSLY I wonder if i could pay someone to do all the things she does for me, probably not.
and she goes out with me when i look like this!

Man Friend- Alessandro (Sandro)- So if you don't know what a man friend is let me tell you! a man friend is what you have when you are scared of the word "boyfriend" YIKES! A man friend is more fun and less serious. While Sandro will always be my man friend he has now worked his way up to the boyfriend status. Pause for reaction! But really, he is pretty freaking awesome! He is always surprising me and treats me amazingly. But don't go shining his halo, he is just a sarcastic and can hold his own. He likes for people to think that i am mean to him but don't feel sorry for him! He gives it right back... that might be what i like most about him! But what's even more is that my family loves him! But then again, my mom and dad are not like most parents of a young women. My dad is convinced that if i wasn't dating someone i was either being a bitch or i was gay. Either way have a boyfriend was the only way to silence him. Not to make is seem i only starting dating Sandro so my dad would know that i like boys. I really was not looking for a man friend when i met him but it just kinda happened. O and just in case you were wondering I was convinced early on that he was gay. He claims he didn't kiss me until date 100 because he was sick but let me tell you, everyone around me knew about this "gay" guy i was seeing. He just loves when i tell that story!! It's almost been a year and I couldn't be more happy!

Man Friend and I before we zipped!

Best Friend/Big Bro- (Adrian) He was the first boy i met when i came here but from the beginning we were like brother and sister. Although convincing my mom and dad that it was nothing more was a little harder. So you know my dads next logical step, HE must be gay. Adrian likes to tell people that just came in his dorm room and told him that he wasn't going to meet any new friends by keeping his door closed the first week of school. Now i know that doesn't sound like me so i know you wont believe his lies. Anyways, he went "greek" a year before me. I didn't understand it but because he was my best friend I was his date to many a SAE function. And if i thought convincing my mom and dad there was nothing going on, try convincing about 40 plus guys in their 20s that a guy and girl can hang out all the time and really nothing is going on. They didn't believe us, it only took about a year for them to realize we were telling the truth. Adrian is the person I turn to when I want the truth, we never lie to one another! It's awesome. So when I did cross over and go "greek" there was no one more i wanted to be my big bro! Adrian was the only one that would do because I don't know if he is really a big bro or a twin bro.

At a formal

Thought of the Day- why is laying in wait to scare someone so much fun??

2 comments:

  1. I love my Vegas Children...but mostly I love that they take very good care of my baby...They know the way to her hospital, they sit in the waiting room while she is having surgeries....and her man friend, has an amazing family that loves her.....Then there is Burn...She is one part saint, one part me...I KNOW she takes good care of Jackie...and yes Jackie I worry about your life after Burn also.....and Andrian....I never thought you were gay..I am just very happy you are so protective of Jackie, thank you.....Sandro....what a GREAT boyfriend you are(yes I know Jackie I used boyfriend)...you are so caring and understanding...That is just what Jackie needs. So I send out my love to my extended Las Vegas "Family" love momma Boyd

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry Adrian..got carried away with the "n"

    ReplyDelete