Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dumb Questions, Dumb Answers

So my whole life i have failed to understand that point of dumb questions. Even though I might talk fast I always think about what I am saying before I say it. So it still baffles me that some people don't do the same. Lets start with my trip to Starbucks that prompted this post...
I have always being nice and have been taught great manors, which my mom gave to me! Literally she gave me her manors and lost all hers. Example time...
lady- thank you and have a nice day
mom- un hun

un hun, not thanks, not you too, but un hun... RUDE

So anyways back to Starbucks. I am patiently waiting in line when i get to the front of the line. The girl behind the counter looks and me and say (I quote) "Are you ordering a drink?" Seriously, seriously. I could understand if i had some of their fruit cups in my hand or something but no, i waited in this long line, just so i could smell the aroma of your freshly brewed coffee... YES IM GETTING A DRINK!

The other thing that bugs me that clerks say all the time...
I put my items up on the belt, he or she scans all of them, then looks at me and says "is that all?" At which point it is all I can do not to bust out with " No, I have a DVD player, 3 shirts, a ring, and a case a pop. I was hoping you wouldn't notice and that i could sneak out but since you asked if that's all I guess I will fess up and put the rest of my items on the belt." Seriously, Seriously.

my last and final statement is what happens at customer service counters. Example...
me- waiting in line forever to return something or ask a question and finally get to the front!
person- can i help you with something?
Me- no i wait in this long ridiculous line just to say hi
Me- Hi


Thought of the Day- why is it "check yourself before your wreck yourself"? It should be " check yourself be I wreck you". Much better.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I used to be rude to clerks,,,But since you pointed out that habit....I have changed....I now say "you to"

    ReplyDelete