Sunday, July 25, 2010

98 cents

Ok so yesterday the roommate and I went to the 98 cent store. Wait, I'm sorry its called the 98 cent SUPERSTORE. I must say I was pretty freaking excited about this. I couldn't wait to see what i could get for 98 cents that some other dude was paying 99 cents for down the street. That's my mother in me. So anyways, we pull up and I must say that outside looked promissing.


The inside however was a little different. It was a cross between the more expensive 99 cents store and a thrift store. I will only say this about the people there, they give the people of Walmart a run for their money! Yikes... So once I got passed the funky smell and the "interesting" people, I saw what looked like a promising selection of things I didn't need but just might of had to have. It wasn't until i got closer i realized why these things were 98 cents...


Don't worry though, I didn't leave empty handed. I picked up a cute little "key word little" zebra 2 piece swimsuit. Oh and guess what, normally both pieces are 98 cents each but they were having a special so I got both top and bottom for 98 cents. After wiping the tear from my eyes from laughter i make my way to the counter to buy all my expensive items and what happens next could not be made up...

This is the conversation between me and Misty (yes thats how you spell her name)
Misty- "Find everything ok?"
Me- "yes, thank you"
(she rings up a few items, then gets to the swimsuit)
Misty- "Oh isn't this just so cute"
Me- "Yup, cant wait to wear it" (when hell freezes over)
Misty- " Yea, i bought this before we opened, but I had to pay 98 cents for each piece, i woulda waited if i'd known it was going to go on sale."
Me- (fighting back laughter) that is a bummer, butl i hope to we don't wear it to the same pool on the same day, that would be embarrassing"
Misty- "well then we would just have to model it and see who looks better"
Me- (being a nice as i can) "i bet you would win"
Misty- "thanks, my boyfriend says I'm a winner"

Misty weighted about 180 pounds.

I am in no way making a fat joke here! Just a hillbilly one!

Thought of the Day- Mental images... easy to develop, hard to erase!




No comments:

Post a Comment